Saturday, May 3, 2008

Father-Daughter Banquet a Dream Come True




I feel pretty, oh, so pretty!
I feel pretty and witty and gay,
And I pity any girl who isn't me today!

I feel charming, oh so charming.
It's alarming how charming I feel
And so pretty that I hardly can believe I'm real!




Emma's preparation for the home economics group's Father-Daughter banquet began at noon with a trip to the hair miracle worker, Stephanie Mason. Emma emerged later with an elegant braided chignon. At 5:30 she donned her dress, and Herb surprised her in the kitchen with a stunning wrist corsage made of five green-tinted roses, green tulle, sheer black ribbon, and small black bead accents. A light dusting of glitter hinted of the magical evening that was to come.


On the front lawn, Emma worked determinedly until she succeeded in pinning on Herb's boutinniere, a single green-tinted rosebud accented with the sheer black ribbon and small black beads.

Herb chose the ribbon himself, refusing to be swayed by the florist. The beads were the florist's idea, but he liked them.














Even going through the buffet line, the smile never left Emma's face.



After a lovely evening and a long ride home, Emma described the event as her "first date and prom" and was so excited that she could not go to sleep until after 1 a.m. This photograph shows her pretending to be dead tired.

No comments: