Thursday, May 8, 2008

The Nuns are Coming! The Nuns are Coming!

Three SSPX Sisters arrive in our parish tomorrow for a visit. They are planning to expand and are "shopping" for a parish. O, Lord, let them choose us!

I helped clean the convent chapel yesterday and got to admire the work the other ladies had already done in the rest of the convent. We haven't had any nuns in a long time--I'm guessing five years--and the ones we had were all older nuns from different orders, refugees from the storm that swept across religious life after Vatican II. I never met any of them, but I still hear the stories about them. They were well loved.

The SSPX Sisters will give a slide presentation after each Mass on Sunday and a girls' conference in the afternoon. I can't wait to hear what they have to say. When I look around and see girls modeling themselves after Hannah Montana, the new Britney Spears, I think. . .

What the world needs now is nuns, sweet nuns.

No comments: