Thursday, November 6, 2008

Life, Liberty, and the Pursuit of Catholic Joy

Receive, O Lord, all my liberty. Take my memory, my understanding, and my entire will. Whatsoever I have or possess Thou hast bestowed upon me; I give it all back to Thee and surrender it wholly to be governed by Thy Will. Give me love for Thee alone along with Thy grace, and I am rich enough and ask for nothing more. --St. Ignatius Loyola

I called for the Lord yesterday, and he came. I am renewed. Deo Gratias!

I am resolved to commit myself anew to the three places where I can actually make a difference: home, home, and home. Political parties can not return us to Christendom. Christendom will return when we as a people pick up the cross of Christ. Instilling the desire to pick up the cross is done at home. Christians are handmade at home. I have work to do--joyful, important, sacrificial work.

No comments: