Monday, February 2, 2009

New Job, New Phone


A week ago today, Herb started a new job as a consulting engineer for A-P Networks in Clear Lake, TX. This required that he provide his own cell phone service, so while he was at the AT&T office getting added to our family plan, he purchased the new Apple iPhone 3G.

Never have I seen a toy, I mean tool, bring so much happiness to a man.

It's much slimmer and lighter than his old HP iPac. It has a 3.5 inch-wide screen iPod so he can watch movies on it and listen to music/podcasts. It does all the internet stuff, from e-mail to e-bay, speedily. He has bought extra programs for it like one that tracks his expenses for work, but the best thing is that it has an "oogah horn" sound-effect option. Herb has set up his phone so that the oogah horn blows every time he gets a text message.

So last night while Herb and Nathaniel were watching the Superbowl, all the exciting plays were punctuated with "oo-oo-gah", as Herb's friend Mickey texted his response to the latest game development. Each time Herb's face lit up, and Nathaniel's face darkened. Poor Nathaniel! He wants an oogah horn for his phone, too.

2 comments:

Fotofule said...

I can't think of a better way to start a new job! I WANT ONE! Welcome to world of Apple! Which, I understand, is a debt-free company. Go Steve!

So, how many apps has Herb added to his new toy...?

Wendy Haught said...

I don't know how many apps he has, but this morning I asked him to hang a picture, and I'll be darned if he didn't whip out that phone and use it as a level. I'm not kidding! It comes with the capability, and he bought the software. (I think I got that right.)