Thursday, July 23, 2009

See "Julie and Julia" Free

I became a big fan of Julia Child last year after reading her book, My Life in France. It prompted me to purchase her magnum opus, Mastering the Art of French Cooking. My enthusiasm for her teaching eventually led to a group cooking class for my children and the daughter of a "foodie" friend, who taught the class.

Naturally I was thrilled to see that a movie about Julia Child is coming out next month. I was especially happy to see that the idea of learning to cook from Mastering the Art is woven into the movie by the character of Julie.
I watched the trailer and immediately contacted my friend about going to the movie opening on Aug. 7 as a "field trip" for our little cooking class. She was as excited as I, and we have laid our plans.

However, for those who can't wait, I saw today that Houston Whole Foods locations are giving away coupons to see the movie early, July 27. They may be obtained today, starting at noon. Here's a link to the info. The offer does not appear to be available at all stores. If you don't live in Houston, call your Whole Foods location to inquire.

No comments: