Friday, July 31, 2009

Since I Believe in Miracles. . .

I'm praying that Bishop Fellay will be our next Pope.

Via Rorate Caeli, an excerpt from an interview by Italian News Agency "Apcom" with Bishop Bernard Fellay, Superior General of the Society of St. Pius X:

[Apcom:] Do you consider that in the Vatican there is an excessive sensibility regarding the expectations of the Jewish world, in the "Williamson affair" as well as concerning the Good Friday prayer?

[Fellay:] Yes, I do think so. I am myself embarrassed - after that which took place in the case of Bishop Williamson - when I see Jews who concern themselves with matters of the Catholic Church. It is not their religion. Leave us alone [lasciare in pace].They are matters which concern the Catholic Church. If we wish to pray for the Jews, we will pray for the Jews, in the manner we see fit. I do not know if they pray for us, but I would say that this is their problem.

No comments: