Friday, January 22, 2010

Thanks, Gwen!

I received a wonderful surprise in my mailbox the other day, a "Nuns Having Fun" calendar. The best part is that it is from Gwen Cox, who started reading my blog after Corey's funeral.

I knew we were kindred spirits when she sent my sister a postcard from a state fair with a picture of a Jersey cow on it that was sculpted entirely from butter.

Seriously, though, Gwen is very dear to me because she and her husband have given my sister and brother-in-law immeasurable comfort as they grieve for Corey. It is not an easy thing to do, because people grieve differently, and many wannabe comforters unwittingly cause more pain. The Coxes have a special gift, though. I am eternally grateful for their love and care of my family.

Hugs to you, dear Gwen, and thank you ever so much for my funny calendar!

No comments: