Tuesday, June 18, 2013

One of Our Greatest Charms


"Why do women want to dress like men when they're fortunate enough to be women? Why lose our femininity, which is one of our greatest charms? We get much more accomplished by being charming than we would by flaunting around in pants and smoking. I'm very fond of men. I think they're wonderful creatures. I love them dearly. But I don't want to look like one."--Tasha Tudor

I chose this photo of Tasha Tudor to illustrate her quote because most of what I see regarding the subject of femininity is focused on beautiful young women.  We older women need inspiration more than the younger women, I think.  And this photo shows her working.  Femininity is not just about sipping tea from a china cup.  I am not advocating Tasha Tudor's particular fashion, just the feminine aspect of it.

No comments: