Sunday, November 27, 2016

Goodbye Cemetery, Hello Advent

Just a few more days in the month dedicated to the Holy Souls.


We'll start the St. Andrew Christmas Novena on November 30:  You say it 15 times a day from St. Andrew's Day through Christmas Eve:

Hail and blessed be the hour and moment at which the Son of God was born of the most pure Virgin Mary, at midnight in Bethlehem in piercing cold.  In that hour vouchsafe, O my God, to hear my prayers and grant my desires (mention your request) through the merits of our Savior Jesus Christ and of His blessed Mother.  Amen.


THIS IS MY ADVENT PICTURE


I know.  A kitten getting a flea bath is not your normal idea of Advent symbolism, but that is the way my mind works.  Make straight the way of the Lord!  Hair shirts and locusts and honey.  Flea bath.  Same thing.  Advent is supposed to be a little bit uncomfortable, right?

Wishing you much spiritual progress on your Advent journey.

No comments: