Saturday, October 25, 2008

Pie Oh Pie!


My dad can spend days contemplating the square root of negative 1, but I have spent the last week studying the magic of pie.

The magic worked best on Nathaniel, who became Mr. Helpful in the Kitchen while I worked on the first chocolate cream pie. What courtesy! What industry!

"I'm glad we got this figured out before Thanksgiving," said he enthusiastically. "Let's start planning now what pies we'll have then."

Then I made a second chocolate pie using a different recipe. The results split my family right in two. Two thought the first one best. Two thought the second one best. The presidential debates had nothing on us.

Then I made a Lemon Meringue, and dear husband, who had just come home from a hard day at work and was looking a little droopy, perked up like a thirsty flower after rain.

No comments: