Wednesday, February 4, 2009

My Husband, The Shaker

My sister commented to my post about Herb's new iPhone and wanted to know all the applications he has on it.

I told her that I didn't know, but when I asked him to hang a picture, I was confused when he held the phone up to it. Then he explained that it has a leveling program.

That kind of put me on my guard, like an uncivilized native when confronted with a camera. I mean, really, "What next?". Was he going to tap it to his chest and command, "Beam me up, Scotty,"?

This morning I remembered to ask him what applications he had, and he gave me a list. For a hopeless non-techie, liberal arts-type like me, most of it was B-O-R-I-N-G: engineering formulas, Google Earth, and an HP-41 calculator.

My internal "Yuckometer" pegged out. Then, just as my eyes had begun to glaze over, he said, "and Shake".

My eyes began to peep, and my imagination soared.

"Shake?" I asked hopefully.

"Yeah, Shake," he said proudly. I just shake it, and it uses the GPS and accelerometer to tell me all of the restaurants that are near me."

"Oh, pooh," I thought. "I figured it made the perfect Martini."

No comments: