Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Gene Recognition

Nathaniel is going through a stage where he looks like his Uncle Mike Haught. My youngest sister couldn't tell them apart at a distance, although this picture doesn't convey the resemblance as much as seeing them together in real life does.

A few weeks ago, I kept seeing my cousin Carter Somerset in Nathaniel. Without me mentioning it, my mom noticed the same thing. All these changes and glimpses of relatives in your children is simply fascinating.

I remember when Nathaniel, about age 5, saw his Uncle Bruce Haught and shouted "Daddy!" We had pulled up to my in-law's auto parts store, and Nathaniel saw Bruce through the glass door. At the time, I couldn't see the resemblance between Bruce and my husband. Yet to Nathaniel, it was overwhelming.

No comments: