Monday, July 5, 2010

Happy Birthday to Me!


49 years ago today, partying with my big sis, Bevy. See how I'm clasping my hands in excitement? I'm just as delighted today.

50 is going to be fun. I'm having a birthday slumber party! We're going to eat Mexican, drink Mexican (Margaritas, not Tequila with the icky worm), watch chick flicks, paint our nails, and TALK, TALK, TALK.

And my beloved husband had planned to spend the day with me and take me out on a date but instead is now going to milk for me and go elsewhere so that I can enjoy my comp'ny.

Is he not incredibly wonderful?

YES, INDEED!

Do I deserve him?

Certainly not.

4 comments:

Cathy said...

Happy Happy Birthday, sweet Wendy!

Wendy Haught said...

Thanks, Cathy! I'm off to a great start--only three hours of sleep. I've compensated with 3 cups of coffee. Woo-hoo!

Emily said...

Happy Birthday! I hope you have a fabulous day. Drink an extra margarita for me. I haven't had one yet this summer and you are making me want one.

Wendy Haught said...

My dear Emily,

Thank you!

I will think of you as I savor my frozen margarita with extra salt on the rim and a lime squeezed in, but I am afraid I don't handle liquor well enough to drink an extra one for you! Just one will give the room a rosy glow and the floor a soft undulating motion.