Tuesday, February 7, 2012

At the Beginning of the Day

Sweet Angels


We celebrated Emma's 19th birthday on Sunday.  I gave her the two angels in the picture.  (Sorry for the poor picture quality.  I turned the flash off my iPhone so you could get the soft effect.)  Someday they will grace her own home.  She thinks they would look really good in the nursery.  I think so too.  They are so sweet.  In the meantime, I get to enjoy them on our mantle.  I'm sitting in front of them right now as I write.  It's peaceful.  The only sound is the ticking of the timer, counting down the minutes until my full-comfort, whole milk, pastured egg, maple syrup-sweetened custard is done baking.  I got the recipe from the Healthy Home Economist.  I plan to eat it warm with nutmeg sprinkled on top.

Ahhh!  There goes the timer for the custard.  Adieu!

1 comment:

Kathy Felsted Usher said...

Happy Birthday to Emma! I'm sure you are so excited about planning the wedding, my co-worker is doing the same thing with her daughter. So many choices to make.