Friday, February 26, 2016

Attention, European Union Readers

My dear friend Mr. Google has advised me that I am required by European Union law to give its citizens information about cookies.  (And here I thought I was just a simple little mom blog in rural Texas.  I had no idea that my ramblings had drawn the attention of so august a body as the European Union!)

I sincerely regret that I have neglected this serious duty so far and make haste now to correct it:

Dear European Union Readers,

Greetings from America!  I hope that you are well.  It is indeed my great honor to provide you with information about cookies.  Please know that in America we love cookies exceedingly, especially Chips Ahoy, Oreos, and Fig Newtons.  These are manufactured in huge factories with ingredients produced by industrial farming and a variety of chemicals.  This combination ensures that cookies make big dollars for the food corporations but also for the medical and pharmaceutical industries, which in turn bankroll our politicians.  You can see that cookies are an important player in the Gross National Product.  And I do mean gross!

I hope you have found this information helpful, and that this explanation satisfies the requirements of the European Union.  If you ever come to America, please come to my house.  We'll have raw milk and homemade cookies and a lovely visit, I am sure, despite not contributing to the GNP.

May God bless you and keep you and restore Christendom in your land.

Love ya!

Wendy

1 comment:

Joe post script said...

Fig Newtons are pretty clever, you have to admit. Of course, I prefer just to eat figs. The nastiest cookie that children love and adults can barely stomach are the Keebler soft-batch. Years ago you could smell baking in the factory down a ways on the main road here.