Monday, September 5, 2022

Finding Free Market Medical Care

 Ever since I had to do my own research to get help for my daughter's Hashimoto's (autoimmune thyroid disease), I have been questioning what has happened to our medical care system in the USA. I found those answers, but I won't go into them here. My conclusion was that we need a new paradigm. 

I have read about a few doctors who operate by a membership where you pay them annually to keep you well. There are also doctors who work on a cash per visit basis. I have even read about cash-only surgery centers that are extremely cost-effective and offer excellent results. These options save a lot of money because the costs that doctors incur to accept insurance is extremely high. They have to pay extra employees to do the coding and billing, and the insurance companies also dictate to the doctors about what treatments/tests are acceptable and how much they can charge for them.

The Association of American Physicians and Surgeons is a good resource for these alternative medical care options. Here is a link to its article "Find a Direct Payment/Cash Friendly Practice". And here is a link to its article "Surgery Centers with Cash Pricing".

I also recommend this video of Dr. Gordon Donaldson's presentation on building Christian Medical Structures. He has run his own private medical practice for 31 years:




No comments: